2.25.2010

My Magic 8

I recently came upon a great post, (Thanks Jess!) which re-invigorated my blogging flame and to finally 'attempt' to kick my recent BLOGGER absence. Mine most likely will not be as gr-8 as her's, but a guy can try, right?

The post is dedicated to the 8 things that I am LOVING right now! Hence, what I call, MY MAGIC 8!

My Neices!!



Since I left my recent job at the Post Office last October, I have had a LOT of free time on my hands, and it has given me the opportunity to spend more time with my neice, Kadence. Every minute of the day I spend with her, she never ceases to amaze me! I love watching her discover new things and most recently, started to say my dog's names. She always brightens my day and I look forward to hanging out with her every week that I can!!



My other neice, Lily, I don't get to spend as much time with, just because Aaron and Mary live in Happy Valley, and Aaron is always working hard in school, as an animation major at BYU-and working. Mary is such a great mom, and I love catching up on the latest about Lily. Lily has the most infectious smile, and I love opening my mouth real wide and smiling at her, and she never fails to smile back. I wish I could spend as much time with her, as I do with Kadence, but those short minutes I get with her, I truly cherish!! I cannot wait to see her grow older and discover BLUES CLUES!!




I always get upset when its 'that time of year' when the Olympics are on NBC, just because I have to wait a whole 3 weeks for my favorite TV shows to come back on air, but this year I found myself completely obsessed with this year's Olympics! My most favorite athlete have to be Apolo Anton Ohno, and Shani Davis. Both speedskaters, came away with medals in this years Olympics. I have a reputation of hating winter in general, but I seriously think Short Track Speedskating is my favorite winter sport!! If I could skate at all, let alone on ice, I probably would-but since God has other plans for me, I enjoy watching both of these athletes conquer the ice!! Shani is new to me this year, but I am a HUGE fan of Apolo's! I loved watching him on Dancing with the Star's, and ended up on the same flight home, as him from Colorado..(but I didn't want to be one of "those fans" that makes the 2 hour flight unbearable, so I never spoke to him.)




Shani Davis is the the first African American to qualify for the US Olympic Short Track Speedskating Team. This year is the first year I have watched him compete, and let me tell you that he is an amazing athlete!! I have grown to admire both these great athletes, and find myself hoping to be able to meet them one day (they both live together just down the street from my house! Can you say...LUCKY?) Just watching this year's Olympics, I have grown to appreciate having a dream and knowing that, with determination, anyone CAN achieve the impossible!

My new CAR!!



Ok, so its not NEW...but still this is the first time in my entire life that I have FINALLY gotten the chance to own and drive a GT convertible! I have always wanted a convertible ever since I can remember, and cannot wait til it warms up so I can officially drop the top!



If you haven't yet seen James Cameron's, AVATAR, you are definitely missing out!! I have seen it twice now, in 3-D on the IMAX, and can't get over how visually stunning the movie is! The movie is able to transport you to a place where the surrounding beauty alone is awe inspiring! Not to mention the entire story is unbelievably gut wrenching! I admit, I did cry while watching it, but that was a GOOD thing!! If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go right now!! You won't regret it!




I don't even have the words to describe it being 'THE' Final Season, just because I have looked forward to every new year, just because of each NEW season of LOST starting, but now they're in their 6th and FINAL season and questions are beginning to be answered!! I have waited 5 years for these answers, and now for the moment of truth to come-it will ALL BE OVER!! I have grown to love the island and found myself wishing to be apart of its mysteries! I even still find myself missing Charlie and Juliette...so hopefully my dedication will be well worth it!




This passed Christmas present to me...from me...was a bran new NIKON D3000. I am still learning how to use it, but I am looking forward to this spring when I will be able to get out and start taking pictures, especially of my beautiful neices, and of course..myself, (you think I'm kidding, but sadly I'm not.)












No comments: