7.21.2008

The Game of Life

Ten years ago..

Wow already thinking back to when I was 17 made my head spin.I had just finished my junior year in high school and officially started my first job as a "Pump Boy" at Larry H's gas station in Sandy. My responsibilities consisted of waiting for cars to pull up, go up and pump gas into their car, check the air in their tires, and wash their windows. It was a problem when the big suped up trucks,twice my size, would come in and the customer would ask the short guy (me) to wash their windshield. This was my first introduction to what I would learn to call, EXTENDED manual labor, from that moment on I would begin to regret it hereafter!

Five years ago..

I had received my admissions letter to begin my freshman year at the University of Utah. I had just applied on a whim not even thinking I had the chances of making it into any 4 year institution let alone one as great and influential as the U. Not sure what I was going to major in, I found out about their Film studies program. I still recall sitting through the freshman presentation at orientation and thinking, "WOW 4 years is such a looooooong time."
Right..now thinking back I shouldve applied myself better and perhaps I could've graduated. Thats a blog post for another day.

Five months ago..

This time in my life was where a MAJOR turning point occurred in my job history. I received a letter explaining that I had been offered a position as a full time career employee for the United States Postal Service. I still recall double checking the address and the name on the letter, because THIS WASN'T MEANT FOR ME! Sure enough there was my name. This was something I had only dreamed of, (mind you I'm not referring to the fact that I want to be a Postmaster, or continue to have a career in the letter carrier field) but rather I'd receive amazing health benefits and $36K a year!! I continue to offer my immense gratitude to my Savior for this wonderful blessing, to be given to someone like me who hasn't received his Bachelors degree yet,
and is now able to make great money!!


Five things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire...

1. Pay tithing
2. Give a gracious portion to a major charity
3. Buy everyone in my family and close friends a house and a car
4. Produce and direct my own mainstream film
5. Travel the world!


Three bad habits...

1. PROCRASTINATING!!
2. Feeling insecure
3. Biting my nails

Four things people don't know about me...but now will

1. I love watching Anime. I know I have officially revealed the true nerd inside of me.
But I really enjoy the story lines and animation! It just intrigues me. Despite my fear of sharing this intimate detail for the world to read, goes to show you that I am a true geek underneath.

2. Even though I don't yet own a camera, my mind is constantly attracted to specific moments around me that I want to capture. Not just those intimate moments you share with loved ones and friends, but of the rare things that life offers you. I hope that in the near future I can beging to accomplish this small attraction of mine so that I can look back and feel I have caught those once in a lifetime treasures.

3. Growing up with the brittle bones disease, has trapped me into living a life of fear and worry. The lives we live are meant to be enjoyed and celebrated. I still believe to this day, that it controls the way I think and the way I interact with those around me. Especially the beautiful environment in which we live. I know that when the resurrection comes I will finally be free to enjoy those certain "simple" pleasures that the rest of the world takes for granted.

4. I am reminded each and everyday that there is someone special out there waiting for me. I get tangled up into the thoughts Satan puts in my mind about not being that "body builder" or 6 foot 4 tough guy, who are ultimately always getting the girls. I just believe that my time has not yet come, and when it does it will be so unexpected that I will realize what an amazing blessing my Savior has given me. I am entitled to be happy, and I know that someday she will be cherished and be treated like a queen for eternity!


2 comments:

JanaB said...

Bippy! If you became the Post Master General you could come to DC!!! I am so proud of you! You are a true friend and sincerely miss seeing you and hanging out at the VI- there will always be room for you at my Inn!! Great photos of you, Dean and Melissa!

Jessica said...

You have been tagged! List six things about you that are unique that other people may not know. When you are done, tag six more people! You can visit my blog to see how I did it! Have fun!