11.03.2008

Blogger On Hiatus...Thats ME!

I know I haven't been a true blogger for the past couple months, but there is a good excuse for that.

Please allow me to explain!

The end of September I had the pleasure of undergoing a distal femoral osteotomy on my left knee. (Long story, lets just say one of the many leftover injuries I sustained from my mission.)

Waking up after what was suppose to be a 3 hour surgery, but ended up a total of 8, I wasn't in too much pain. Just the relentless thought as to why I decided to finallly go through with it. There was a lot of things on my mind at the time, one of them being the relief of having more self confidence and respect for myself knowing that I can walk around without constant paranoia , thinking people were staring at my bo-legged-ness. Then there was the vanity side of me celebrating that I will FINALLY look great in a pair of jeans without looking in the mirror and seeing "THE CROOKED LEG."

To all those who are addicted to Oxycotin..with the constant nausea and hot flashes its a good thing I decided I wasn't going to jump on the band wagon.

2 comments:

Aaron Ludwig said...

Welcome back, bro! Just so you know, I never saw any bow-leggedness. Just bro-leggedness! ;D

JanaB said...

I love you Bip! I can't wait to see you at Christmas!